School meals cost £2.40 per day (£12.00 per week) which is payable on a Monday in advance. We are able to accept payments for up to a term in advance and many parents find this a more convenient way to pay. We strongly encourage parents to pay via the online 'School Money' system. Please enquire at the school office for further information. You can also pay by card over the telephone to the school office.
Change of Meal Pattern
If you would like to change your child’s weekly meal pattern, it is very important that you let the school office know, giving at least one week’s notice. Please complete the online ‘Meal Pattern Change’ form.
Free School Meals
As you will be aware, Lightcliffe is a ‘Healthy School’ and promotes healthy eating throughout the school day. We are firm believers in the benefits of having a well-balanced meal at lunchtime and I thought it would be useful to remind parents that free school meals may be available for some children. Parents do not have to pay for school lunches if they receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child may also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
- younger than the compulsory age for starting school
- in full-time education
Children who receive any of the qualifying benefits listed above in their own right are also eligible to receive free school meals. If you would like any further information, please contact the Local Authority benefits section on 01422357257. If you require advice or further information, please see a member of the office staff who will be happy to help you.
Please download our menus from the links below: